Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen
Management en Communicatie
campus Meistraat
Meistraat 5 - 2000 Antwerpen
T +32 3 220 55 20 - F +32 3 220 55 59
mc@ap.be
ICBM: Digital Marketing31124/1672/1920/1/71
Study guide

ICBM: Digital Marketing

31124/1672/1920/1/71
Academic year 2019-20
Is found in:
  • International programmes Management and Communication, programme stage 2
This is a single course unit.
Study load: 3 credits
Teaching staff: Jaspaert Ben
Languages: English
Scheduled for: Semester 2
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Possible deadlines for learning account: 15.10.2019 ()
Re-sit exam: is possible.
Compensated fail: This course unit is eligible for compensation according to the compensated fail criteria as determined by the degree programme you are enrolled in.
Total study time: 24,00 hours

Short description

Various topics in contemporary digital marketing:
- inbound marketing

- content marketing

- website as content marketing hub

- conversion paths and inbound sales

- social media marketing

- e-mailmarketing

- influencer marketing

- search engine optimalization (SEO)

- advertising through search engines (SEA) and social media

- video marketing

Prerequisites

There are no prerequisites for this course.

Prerequisite competencies (text)

Knowledge of basis marketing principles and theory is obligatory. These principles and theories will be applied to the field of digital marketing.

Learning outcomes (list)

The student is familiar with the motives, methods and different aspects of inbound marketing
The student understands the link between website, social media and e-mail marketing
The student understands the different choices a company has with respect to its 'digital positioning'
The student applies the marketing concepts to real and fictitious cases
The student knows how to attract new leads, visitors, clients and ambassadors and how to cultivate these relationships
The student is aware of the factors that increase a company's online visibility, accessibility and succes

Course content

Various topics in contemporary digital marketing:
- inbound marketing

- content marketing

- website as content marketing hub

- conversion paths and inbound sales

- social media marketing

- e-mailmarketing

- influencer marketing

- search engine optimalization (SEO)

- advertising through search engines (SEA) and social media

- video marketing

Study material (text): Mandatory

Handouts will be provided within the digital learning environment Digitap. No extra costs for handbooks, copies, etc.

Educational organisation (list)

Learning Activities
Lectures and / or tutorials12,00 hours
Practicum12,00 hours

Evaluation (list)

Evaluation(s) for first exam chance
MomentForm%Remark
Semester 2Knowledge test60,00Het digitaal examen telt voor 60% van de punten mee.
Evaluation(s) for re-sit exam
MomentForm%Remark
Academic yearKnowledge test60,00The digital exam counts for 60% of the total grade. The other 40% will be transferred from the portfolio assignments during the scond semester.
Evaluation(s) for both exam chances, not reproducible in re-sit exam
MomentForm%Remark
Academic yearPortfolio40,00Students will complete several assignments. The portfolio will represent 40% of the total grade.